What level of support do you need at this time?
Our team offers comprehensive consultation support and direct service in all areas of special education and Section 504. Each level of support is individually tailored to your needs so that you can access as little or as much support as you need. All levels of service are designed to educate and empower you to be the best advocate you can be for your child. With deep experience in the south bay, east bay and peninsula – we offer support across the Bay Area.
Consultation involves in-person and phone support to get answers to your challenging questions.
- Do you want support in preparing for an upcoming meeting?
- Would you like assistance in better understanding your child’s assessment reports?
- Do you want an expert to review your child’s IEP or 504 plan before you sign in agreement?
- Do you want assistance in writing comprehensive and measurable IEP goals?
Parents get answers to small and big questions, share anxieties, and clarify direction. Use one hour, two hours, or more as needed.
This comprehensive level of support includes an intake meeting, file review, observation of your child, and strategic planning and support in securing necessary services, including attendance at IEP or 504 meetings.
Receive consultation support or direct service for the following:
- Attendance at IEP and 504 meetings
- Education regarding your legal rights
- Overview of the appropriateness of your child’s current IEP or 504 plan
- Observations of your child or potential classroom placements
- Assistance in understanding public school and private assessment results and their significance to your child’s educational needs
- Strategic planning sessions in preparation for IEP and 504 meetings
- Development of measurable IEP goals that reflect all of your child’s areas of need
- Advice and assistance in understanding and securing designated instructional services (e.g., speech and language, occupational therapy, adapted physical education, etc.)
- Identification of appropriate placement and service options (public and private)
- Development of Positive Behavior Intervention Plans
- Development of IEP monitoring systems to ensure implementation and accountability
- Attendance at Manifestation Determination Hearings and Expulsion meetings
- Determination of need for mediation or due process and referral to a special education attorney if necessary
- Referrals to and coordination with private agencies for tutoring, ABA services, etc.
- Advice and assistance with early intervention services for children ages 0-3 and support with Individualized Family Service Plans
- Transition planning for adult students on a Certificate of Completion track
- Relocation support for families moving to the Bay Area
Once initial concerns have been addressed, our team offers support as your child moves through the years. Some families decide that they would like us to attend every IEP or 504 meeting for emotional support or document accuracy. Other families reach back out in a crisis or when their child is transitioning to middle school, high school, or into an adult transition program. Some parents just call with a quick question. Whatever your level of need, we are available to support you.